Below are my picks for week 7:
- Tupou – Reds at home, season pick, move on.
- I want to pick Dane Coles here, but the reality is he’s $240k and you don’t want to spend that on a hooker. So whilst if you have the luxury take Coles, Creevy at home should be solid, and also is half the price.
- Alaalatoa – Home game.
- Dunshea – not a sexy pick, but home against the Sunwolves and currently the highest scoring lock.
- Petti – Home again this week.
- Tom Christie – Similar to Dunshea, great match-up, but irrespective Top 7 scorer.
- Sotutu – so there’s risk here, with Akira on the bench, but they Lions aren’t great and the Blues have the second highest betting score differential currently.
- Wilson – prefer him this week over Samu, and the young guy has looked very, very good.
- Jantjies – This is a tough one with all the teams, out. Frankly TJ has been poor this year, and whilst I think him and Weber could be lively this week, I’d just edge sticking with Hershel for the sheer explosiveness and upside. Obviously if Lonergan starts for the Brumbies, you probably take him for the kicking points.
- Let’s face it, we’re not picking Brett Cameron, which leaves the really unappealing prospect of Otere Black in the other game with a big score differential. Gotta be McKenzie.
- Sevu Reece – vs sunwolves. If there’s a game to break out, this is it.
- Reiko Ioane – vs Lions, playing 13.
- Ennor – vs sunwolves
- Telea – Telea is the Ben Lam of 18 months ago.
- Bridge – vs sunwolves.
Vice Captain – Telea/Reiko early game
Captain – Reece/Bridge last game.