Top Scorer: Frizell (HIGH) – 60 points
Unlucky Pick: Wilco Louw(STORM) – 3 points.
Worst Performer: SIO TOMKINSON on -12 points.
- Scott Barrett is currently the top scoring Barrett in Super Rugby and I think his form is excellent and if you don’t have him bring him in NOW. Not to mention the lock/flank he has in his scoring points favour.
- Kwagga is back, I went Hooper and he’s definitely not the player hes was in my opinion. With Whitely now injured I believe Marnus Schoeman should start most games too and if you cant afford Kwagga he’s a great cheaper option.
- Frizell was the top scorer this week and seems to be a beast with ball in hand. Listed only as a Flanker so only bring him in if you have sufficient cover for lock etc.
- Izzy made the dream team yet again and almost topped it. Against the Sunwolves it does’t really come as a surprise. On a bye this week but he’ll be back to starting line-up next week.
- The Sunwolves have this weeks top scoring back namely van den Heever… I must confess its really feels wrong that he is the top scorer despite 2 tries as he didn’t do much else in the game.
- I have a friend who captained Anton Lienert-Brown(Chiefs), OUCH!!! After his week 1 performance I thought he’d do ok but 14 points as your captain is not great.
- The top scoring props this week both come from the Tahs and it seems against the Sunwolves the props will be doing well as their scrum was not great.
- Richie Mo’unga proved that week 1 was just a bad performance against what I would say was a weaker Hurricanes backline he scored 2 tries and was good with his kicking. I think he should be the top scorer this week.
- Always and I mean always check the starting line-ups. https://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/SuperRugby/super-rugby-weekend-teams-20180116-2
- Ben Lam scoring 2 late tries took him to a solid 36 points and I think he’ll get better and better this season especially when Boden is back against the weaker sides.
- Lastly JOSH IOANE (Highlanders) scored 27 points in week 2 and is proving to be the rookie pick in the backline so far in my opinion.
- The Jags were impressive against the Bulls and the Stormers showed some true grit against the Bulls. Home performances will be a big factor this year from a lot of teams in my humble opinion. I cant wait for Boffelli to come back either.
- The Brumbies were excellent despite losing Pocock. I must admit I didnt give them much of a chance against the Chiefs especially with McKensie back in the starting lineup.